Week two. Phew!
I was a bit more confident with the song programming software, this week, which actually left me with the nagging feeling that I’d forgotten to do something vital. However, the show has started properly. Yay! So, first track:
1. Music by Madonna
2. L.S.F. by Kasabian
I must be up for the world record for the use of “Um”
3. The Beautiful by PM Dawn – sadly unavailable on Spotify but on YouTube
4. Love Missile F1-11 by Sigue Sigue Sputnik
5. Leave Home by The Chemical Brothers
Of course, it’s not just “ums” but “ers” and “ahs” as well.
6. Fault Lines by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
7. A Way You’ll Never Be by Leisure Process – Youtube only, I’m afraid.
8 Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails
9. Confusion by New Order
10. Europa Endlos by Kraftwerk – 9:38 of elegance and beauty! The link, however, is to the English version, “Europe Endless”.
11. The Jet Set by Alphaville
Blimey, the segue into the news worked! *faints*
12. O Superman by Laurie Anderson
It occurs to me that I am the only listener of this show. On the other hand, I’m enjoying it enormously.
13. Crimes Against Music Part 2 by Colin Reid
14. Sub Knatural Dub by The Shamen – sorry, can’t find a version of this anywhere.
15. Night Of The Lotus Eaters by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
16. Popabawa by Celine and Nite Wreckage
17. Everything That Rises Must Converge by Pop Will Eat Itself
18. Get The Hell Out by Nine Horses – Another Youtube only, I’m afraid.
19. Astradyne by Ultravox
20. England by The National
21. Teardrop by Massive Attack – Lovely, lovely Liz Fraser
That’s it, all done, thank you for listening. F x
PS Those tracks that are available on Spotify can be found here.